Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Handmade journal for a new mom

I made this journal for my friend Ashley who is expecting her first baby in June.  She and her husband have been married for seven months and are so excited to add being parents to their lives.  They are both wonderful people and are inspirations to many.  Ashley wanted a journal to get advice from mom's.  I offered to make a personalized journal and this is what I came up with.  I bought a small composition notebook from Michael's on sale for $0.70 this week and altered it with scrapbook paper and a digital stamp.  Although she is having a boy, I had to add a few subtle feminine touches on there with the ribbon and the female hand complete with rose colored nail polish.  I colored the image with my copics.  I hope that she likes this journal as much as  do.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! The image is awesome!

    I have an award for you on my blog!
    http://sammibugscrapshack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment =)