Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Confessions of a scrapaholic!

Okay....I admit it.  I have been crafting for a little over a year and in that time I have grown from crafting on a small desk with a Cricut Expression and 6 cartridges to having a craft room lined with JetMax cubes to house all the craft items that I just had to have based on a technique that I saw on the Cricut messageboard, Splitcoaststampers or youtube.  I have also built up my Cricut cartridges from 6 to 110 - not just 110, but probably 100 unused cartridges that were ordered at an amazing deal on Ebay, delivered to my house, linked to my Gypsy (which I also acquired this year), filed away and......well that's it.  Sad but true - the cartridge that I just had to have right?  Hmmmm, I also dove into the life of copics and fell in love with digi stamps, rubber stamps, and wooden stamps. 

But guess what?  I am not alone in this - I hear that there are others just like me!  A group of girls that I have crafted with on the Cricut message board have put together a blog called the 'The Collector's Cut' and they are challenging one another to use up the cartridges that they too - just had to have.  I decided to play along with this group of very insiring ladies and see if I can make use of the cartridges that I have "collected" over the past 15 months.

I will be using random.org to pick a number between 1 and 110 to choose a cartridge and will make an item using that cartridge and post that item each Sunday.  The cartridge chosen for this week is 84 - SpongeBob!  Wow - guess I need to think of a project to do for my nephew as he was the reason for this cart - lol!

Check back on Sunday to see what I created!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment =)