Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Batman Birthday Invites!!


I am really excited for my nephews 5th birthday and even more excited that I wll be able to head home to see my family for this event.  When I called my nephew on the phone and asked him what kind of party he wanted (part of me was hoping he would say Toy Story - so that I could justify the purchase of that cricut cartridge) he thought - for a very long time before he settled on Batman.  Hmmmm, now that is a cartridge that I did not own, so one late night me and Ebay had a battle and I won the cart for $10 - YEAH!!!  I had so much fun thumbing through the booklet for this cartridge and immediately ideas began flowing through my head. 

This is the inside of the invite:
I used the envelope on page 59 of the handbook, cut at fit to page with a 12x12 mat.  The invite is computer printed and layered with yellow cardstock.

This is the front of the invite:
I used the batman sign from page 37.  I just used the layer and cut it out in yellow.  I figured the black backgound was enough to make it pop.  I outlined the symbol with yellow stickles to make it stand out a little more.
This is the back of the invitation.  It just has the batman symbol that comes with the envelope.  I used some envelope gum to give the symbol the ability to close the invite. 


I am mailing these off to my sister on Tuesday and cannot wait to hear my nephews reaction!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. THis is very cute and would lpve to use it for my grandsons 4th birthday invites. Just a question though what are the sizes of the yellow round symbol and the yellow bat?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment =)