Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My new portable copic storage

Okay so all those that know me - remember when I first started going copic crazy!  It has been all downhill from there.  I NEED these things.  They are so addicting and the results are just amazingly beautiful that I cannot resist!  Recently I went to a swarm and found myself awkwardly taking my copics in my desktop storage that I had done here.  Not so easy to maneuver.  So I set off to find something that closed and with a handle to put them in, buying containers that were just a little bit too smll or just too big.  Today while I was at Michaels I found this in the scrapbooking storage conainers for 40% off and loved it! 
It is just the perfect height and definitely gives me room to grow (and it is a good thing because 20 more copics are on their way home to me!)  It has dividers inside that split it up into 8 cubbies, but they were too big and the copics got too comfortable and all laid down!  So I put some chipboard pieces cut at 3.25" wide in the middle of all the cubbies and it divided it up nicely.


I left two of the cubbies in the regular size and they are perfect for my stamped images and my copic refills!


All closed up they are ready for travel!  So now I am definitely ready for the next swarm.  I plan to decorate this case with vinyl soon & will definitely share the results.  I want to put my copic color chart on the inside in a protective sleeve. 

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I have NO copics so I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cammi, I was going to try emailing you but I couldn't find your email on here anywhere. I'd love to get some copics but they're kinda pricey. Where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valine - thanks soooo much! I get my copics from oozaks.com - they are they cheapest I have found. Thanks for the tip (I added my e-mail on here, ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammi ~~~ This is a TERRIFIC organizational tip!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, I struggle on how to store my copics, I don't have many but growing. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. How brilliant is that storage (and the pens).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous storage tip! Oh and I'm uber jealous of your collection...mine is getting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Good to find your blog; it's rollyfan from splitcoast. This containher looks great! What a terrific storage tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Cammi for your copic storage tip. I was at Michaels earlier today and was looking for copic storage idea, but didn't find this particular Art Bin, so I will check out another Michaels since this week is 50% off. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this, when I get more copics I may have to upgrade my current storage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, Cammi, just back from M's with my new storage - Just Like You! I love it and putting each little baby in it's slot is so much fun (and just look at all those blues you have!!) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, headed to Mike's today. I think I have a coupon to use. I have the same desktop storage you have, but need something to take when I go to crops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, running to Michaels to find one of those organizers. I've tried several things my self and have not found the perfect one yet! Hopefully this will be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your rainbow is growing so fast! Look at all those beauties!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh oh....I may have to go get one of these because my Copic collection is starting to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this idea for copic storage at home and on the go. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment =)