Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gibbs Sneak Peaks!

I am completing my second round in the Gibbs (girls I'm broke box swap) on the cricut message board.  I have always had amazing fun and have learned so much from an amazingly talented group of ladies.  I hand crafted 12 items for my partner Megan and will be shipping them to her tomorrow.  Then I get to sit on pins and needles awaiting her reaction to what I have made her.  Here are just a few:


Scrapbook in a box:



I had so much fun making this item after watching a tutorial on youtube. The flower on top is made from ovals cut with my cricut. I have seen it done using a punch - but I found this method easier and this allowed me to ensure all my petals were cut out the same size.


The bottom portion of the box is made up of one 12 x 12 piece of paper & can hold a minimum of 9 photos when unfolded. I hope that she likes this as much as I do!




What was I thinking??

For this day I did a play on words and did a plaque that says a mother holds their childrens' hands for a little while but holds their hearts forever.....my partner is a mother of 2 and I am pretty sure that much of what she does is focused on her family.



Put your big girl panties on!

A tin I covered with cardstock and a vintage photo - and inside every girls favorite:  Chocolate!!


Gibbers do it old tool style!

For this day I altered one of the many hammers that my husband had hanging around (hope he does not miss this one - ha ha), in colors that coordinate with one of my partners scrap spaces!


Share & Share Alike


I love this accordian purse - I found the tutorial on splitcoast stampers.  I filled the purse with copic friendly stamped images for my partner.


Not all that it's cracked up to be!



I altered this photo frame with crackle paint and cut the sentiment & flourishes out in vinyl.  I put glossy mod podge over it to seal everything on. 

I don't need no stinkin' paper!


I altered a memo board found on clearance at Joanne's with flowers & leaves.

I had such an amazing time doing this swap.  If you would like to check out some of the other items made by other members of this swap, check it out here

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Megan is gonna LOVE it all!! I love that flower on the box - wow it is amazing! And the tin is perfect! Great interpretation, not to mention the contents, yum!
    It's all BEAUTIFUL stuff girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG She is going to LOVE THIS! Holy Cow! Holy Cow Holy Cow! Are you getting what I am saying! AMAZING.
    xoxoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful and I'm sure Megan loves them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Cammi...you did the darned thang! Everything is so beautiful and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cammi OMG I love everything and I am sure your partner will too! My copic collection is growing little by little. Now I just need to find time to use them more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cammi, What great ideas you came up with!!! you did an amazing job.

    I need to go check out that swap and see more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment =)